Aqua Huna Breeding?

On 4/13/2021 at 10:21 AM, StephenP2003 said:

Maybe I'm a crazy person, but I just let my live bearer tank do its thing. It is full of plants which helps, but also I don't increase feeding when I notice new fry. It looks like an overstocked nightmare, but it's actually a pretty healthy ecosystem, and I can go months without changing water. 

That is absolutely amazing!!! How big is that tank if I may ask?  That is exactly what I want to do in my living room in say a 125 or bigger!!

On 6/21/2021 at 5:49 AM, Georgiapeach88 said:

@StephenP2003tbat is quite the guppy tank for sure. I’m a new keeper hobby and gallon in love with guppies. Not a lot of pretty strains in my lfs. So hope to get some cool ones and maybe sell back into the area. But mainly just want a beautiful community tank. Any tips tricks you would like to share for fellow guppy lover and new fish keeper? All info much appreciated 

So, if you go to youtube and look at the other videos on my channel, I have a more recent video that goes over how I'm managing this livebearer tank. Title is "Livebearer Mosh Pit Breeding -- Guppies and Platys Out of Control! (Tank Tour 3!)"  I know self-promotion is frowned upon here, but the video is a fairly condensed but thorough answer to your question. Mods, do what you gotta do if I'm overstepping.

On 6/21/2021 at 6:34 AM, ARMYVET said:

That is absolutely amazing!!! How big is that tank if I may ask?  That is exactly what I want to do in my living room in say a 125 or bigger!!

125 gallon guppy mosh pit would really cool! Mine is only a 40 breeder.

Edited by StephenP2003
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 2:39 PM, Maggie said:

It makes me sad to know what must happen to most of the unfortunate females of fish that have less color than males. My 2 female guppies are not as flashy but still very lovely, though 3 weeks in I've gone from 3 guppies to 10 guppies (and counting)...

Don’t be to sad I keep only female guppies.  I like their personality better.  I only have one spastic boy and a 10 gallon for 2 males that are perfectly healthy but were late deliveries with a slight v in the spine. Was afraid they wouldn’t get adopted.