Anyone know what this is?

Chrisdis

Saw this in my tank this morning. It wasn't attached to anything and when I tried to pick it up with tongs it just fell apart. Very delicate. I ended up vacuuming it out. All of my water parameters are good. I did a water change last night and it was there when I woke up. 

20210410_094746.jpg

20210410_094730.jpg

any new wood, or did you use a water clarifier after the water change? ive had that before. in my case, new tank, new wood with the normal fungal bloom on it, and a little water clarifier, and poof  white jello like fungus in the tank.  doesnt hurt anything other than your ego, and to remove, scoop it out with a net.

25 minutes ago, lefty o said:

any new wood, or did you use a water clarifier after the water change? ive had that before. in my case, new tank, new wood with the normal fungal bloom on it, and a little water clarifier, and poof  white jello like fungus in the tank.  doesnt hurt anything other than your ego, and to remove, scoop it out with a net.

Nothing new in the tank for about 8 months now. I vacuumed it out and haven't seen any more. I was just curious to see if someone might have seen this before. Co2 and easy green is the only thing I put in. Besides the prime conditioner when I do my weekly water change. 

20210410_094412.jpg

4 minutes ago, MichelleMichelle said:

It looks like a melted root tab capsule.  

Interesting. I did put root tabs the night before. But the capsules are green. Have you seen this before? It was about 3 times the size of a root tab. 

19 minutes ago, Chrisdis said:

Interesting. I did put root tabs the night before. But the capsules are green. Have you seen this before? It was about 3 times the size of a root tab. 

Yes when they melt it looks like that.   Capsules are generally made from gelatin..It happened to me just this week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1