White fuzzy stuff/algae on mopani wood

What is the fuzzy white stuff on my mopani wood? Any fish that will eat that or any solution to help with that (I wanted to get corydoras for fun but maybe they can help with that)? Is it bad for my tank? It's a 10-gallon with a betta fish and 6 ember tetras. A tiny bit of floating pearl weed (planning to get lots of frog bit soon). My betta has been making bubble nests for a few days in a row now, and he looks lively and happy, just as the tetras do. The tank is 1 month old.

I purchased a pretty large piece of spiderwood. Diameter of thickest part is maybe 3" x 3 ' long.  I soaked it for a couple weeks and then try to put it in my tank with some rock sitting on it. That fluffy sappy stuff keeps coming out. I finally took it out put it in my tub and have been soaking it for over a month and it still has that bacterial fluffy stuff on it. I've washed it off I've scrubbed it down a couple times. Any suggestions it is too big to put in a heated water pot. 

Thank you for the suggestions! I put a snail on top of it while I still had it in the tank and the snail died. I’m not sure if it was related. I have a new snail now and I’m going to try to Pour the boiling water over the areas without the Anubis. There are only two plants so far on the wood. I also tried applying hydrogen peroxide and let it soak on it for just a little bit and then put it back in the water. Not the aquarium water but the tub. Still have biofilm so I will try the boiling water and then hope the snails will catch the rest.Thank you again for your suggestions! 

• Sad 1