What should I do if I can't sleep?

go on youtube and look up guided meditation videos for deep sleep, (Kelly Howell in particular is really good) and then have them play on any device you might have available just loud enough for you to hear them in the background.

this helps me a lot when I can’t sleep!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lefty o said:

cut caffeine earlier in the day.

yes, I will definitely try that. 

12 hours ago, starsman20 said:

If you have prime there are quite a few relaxation music pieces in amazon music

And, yes Starsman20, I have an amazon echo dot in my room, so I will try that.

13 hours ago, marionmaymay said:

go on youtube and look up guided meditation videos for deep sleep, (Kelly Howell in particular is really good) and then have them play on any device you might have available just loud enough for you to hear them in the background.

this helps me a lot when I can’t sleep!

Okay, but I can't use my phone or computer when its past 11pm, I'm 14, so my parents decided that.

Warm your body up (without activity).  A cup of decaf tea, a hot shower or bath, a sauna.  Our body cools as we sleep, and we can help it fool itself.

Get a bluescreen blocker for your phone and computer.  This affects sleep hormones and maybe some other brain wiring.

No caffeine at all (depending on how much you really want to get to sleep), and no gym or moderate physical activity late.

Lots of physical activity earlier in the day.  Tire yourself out!

I ,too, fondly remember the days of my youth drinking mountain dew and going to the gym late, then falling right asleep.  👍🏽

Edited by Littlefish
Spelling
  • Like 2