Aquarium Co-Op Warehouse Photos

Randy

3 minutes ago, Andy's Fish Den said:

I like the tape myself, but I also wish it was just plain packing tape so my wife wouldn't look at the box and immediately see that its from aquarium co-op and be like "more stuff for your fish?" LOL

Yeah, I have to agree with this. I honestly would order more if the box was a bit more stealthy! It also makes gift-giving a little more challenging.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:30 PM, Randy said:

Hey Fam,

Would you be sad if this was the kraft tape used on your box?

image.png.e0523fe284c70a4838bd3e2342e63582.png

I'm never sad when I receive a Co-Op box...lol.  Clear tape is fine also, bit this does look great if you are going to use branded tape.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 12:30 PM, Maggie said:

What do people do with the stickers? Since almost every fishy thing we do involves water, it's hard to think of a good place that will stay dry! 

20201216_122454.jpg

@Maggie , currently using them to make a fake aquarium exhibit for niece's Barbie collection. She is rather enjoying them so far and pretends they are either sharks or whales mostly.  I do need to put in a few more orders to finish filling it out.

Edited by Ben_RF
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 6:18 PM, Randy said:

Ammania gracilis is such a cool plant!  I love watching the leaves turn color in our water.  Kinda like seeing the tree leaves change in the fall....but without the death! lolIMG_3200.JPG.dc1c659ef331a7ee09cc2cbbbe2fc7f0.JPGIMG_3202.JPG.b631f35569cffa00488ed98c0e84ec9a.JPG

What light do you use on these plants and are they sensitive to shading by taller plants ?

Hi, I've heard that they use Fluval 3.0's on their tanks with Co2 and auto dosing ferts. I think that they usually try to keep the plants at the same height so that they can fit them into the boxes and bags so it might not be too bad? Plus the plants might not spend too much time in the warehouse. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

• 1 month later...

I’m pretty sure that fan is bigger than my room in my apartment 😂

circling back to the tape, I like the green way mire than the brown, but I agree with making the youtube portion white like the aquarium coop logo. I think having the red is too distracting and would be annoying for those who already are nerms YouTube members or subscribers. I do see what you’re going for tho and either way I’d prefer it to the brown now (which I still love)

On 6/8/2021 at 12:30 PM, Randy said:

It has been too long since I have posted to this thread.  Shame on me.

It's getting a little warm in the warehouse so we decided to call in the big guns.

4032347_large-Media1.jpeg.c56bab287a84a8c582045dc0494a5fb3.jpeg

image.png.0895999394245a01b971d203166cf1f5.png

im pretty sure that was supposed to be sent to my garage, so if you wouldnt mind redirecting it! 

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, Streetwise said:

In sailboat racing, we talk about the end-plate effect of having your headsail go all the way down to the deck. This keeps more flow attached to the foil, resulting in more aerodynamic efficiency and more power.

So those winglets help move more air.

So you sail?

I was almost born on a 22' Hurley, great English racing boat.

Unfortunately, the only sailing I got to do in WA was on a concrete sailboat 😳 that was built for trans-oceanic sailing, not racing. 🙄

It was very well insulated, however! Definitely a preference for sailing between B'ham and Alaska. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:30 AM, Randy said:

It has been too long since I have posted to this thread.  Shame on me.

It's getting a little warm in the warehouse so we decided to call in the big guns.

4032347_large-Media1.jpeg.c56bab287a84a8c582045dc0494a5fb3.jpeg

image.png.0895999394245a01b971d203166cf1f5.png

With that monster in place do you now have to make sure there are no lose objects on shelves and tables, and hook up with a carabiner to a wire running through the warehouse in order not to be blown against the wall? 😁

@Streetwise I had to go look it up, as I had not heard of it. Looks fantastic! 

I left the PNW in 2009, I can't find any information on the race that far back, so maybe it wasn't happening yet?

I haven't done much racing, despite my parents having a sailboat that was specifically designed for ocean racing🙄

They kept the boat at Kerr Lake on the VA/NC border, and we participated in more lake flotillas than races.

My godfather took me on my first ocean race, from Oriental to Bermuda. I was 11 yo, and the biggest thing I remember is the waterspout😳

My favorite thing for sailing between Oriental and the Bahamas (when not racing) is swimming with the dolphins through the deadman's corridor. 

I think I need to send the link for R2AK to my dad. See if I can talk him into a longer voyage with his new boat, the Powder Puff Crewed

• Like 1
  • Love 1