Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'rosy loach'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • Community Resources
    • Introductions & Greetings
    • General Discussion
    • Photos, Videos & Journals
    • Plants, Algae, and Fertilizers
    • Fish Breeding
    • Diseases
    • Experiments
    • Aquarium Co-Op's Local Announcements
    • Aquarium Co-Op Events
    • Forum Announcements
  • Off Topic
    • Off Topic General


  • Daniel's Fishroom Blog
  • Music
  • Music for Fish


There are no results to display.

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Found 2 results

  1. I’m setting up an acrylic clarity plus 26 gallon half hex tank. The fish I plan to house are some clown killifish, rosy loach, a pair of super bristlenose pleco. The plan is to have it heavily planted tank in an island type of layout for a the fry to hide and will be trying to fill most of the back with some jungle Val. I also thought about adding a school of CPDs but I’m not sure if that will over stock the tank with any babies that might survive if any. I’m still growing plants while I get the fish together and start to grown them out.
  2. Medaka Ricefish Fish (1) The year long local search for ricefish came up empty so a few months ago I decided to try ordering from Aquahuna upon Cory's recommendation. Well they did not disappoint. I received six very healthy Pearl Galaxy and Orange Youkihi Medaka Ricefish, 3 males and 3 females of each. I keep them on the top shelf of the rack with no lighting other than sun from the window. Each variety is kept in its own bare bottom 10 gallon tank and a DIY static K1 biofilter. One week after moving inside the Orange (scroll up scroll up copy paste) Youkihis bred for the first time. Two weeks after that the Pearl Galaxies bred. Eggs stick to the vent of the female until rubbed off onto a surface. I tried a few methods to collect eggs but the easiest so far has been to place a large scuff pad flat on the bottom of the tank. The eggs have been taking about 10-12 days to hatch so once a week I inspect the pad for eggs which are usually found around the edges. The eggs are removed with a pipette and placed in a hatchery made from a deli container with a screen hot glued over holes punched on each side. A small air lift continuously drips water through the hatchery container. I've been getting good hatch rates with this method. Feed The adults are fed daphnids, scuds, and flake food when I'm feeling lazy. More rarely I feed them live baby brine, blackworms, or frozen bloodworms. The fry are being fed infusaria through a slow drip overflow siphon. Recently I found my neglected rotifer culture was packed with rotifers so I added them to the regime. And once a day I pipette in some vinegar eels. (Edit: not surprisingly the rotifer culture was not very sustainable while being harvested on)
  • Create New...