Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'glass cleaner'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • General
    • Community Resources
    • Introductions & Greetings
    • General Discussion
    • Photos, Videos & Journals
    • Plants, Algae, and Fertilizers
    • Fish Breeding
    • Diseases
    • Experiments
    • Aquarium Co-Op's Local Announcements
    • Aquarium Co-Op Events
    • Forum Announcements
  • Off Topic
    • Off Topic General


  • Daniel's Fishroom Blog
  • Music
  • Music for Fish


There are no results to display.

Product Groups

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



About Me

Found 3 results

  1. I have used green scrub pads to scrub the interior glass walls for ages. Have any of you used the co-op algae scrubber sponge? Or any other melamine type sponge? Does it work better? What have you found works best that I may not be aware of? So far, a new green scrubby works the best for me. Happy aquariuming
  2. Hot-rodding a new AquaClear 20 for an aquarium. 🛠️ This is how I personally break up the giant Wonder-shell. Safety glasses are MANDATORY... 🚩 Made a DIY algae scraper from a bit of hardware laying around. Used an old ice scraper with a home-brew swivel mount. Carbon fiber rod. 👀 Converted the algae scraper into a scrubber, with one of the Co-Op's foam pads. 👌 Made the handle a good length to keep my hands dry. 👏 Customized an ordinary bucket into a "fish-room-only bucket". Made a bracket in the basement ceiling for hanging it out of the way. 🧺 Maybe I'll do some traveling, in the future. ✈️
  3. Cleaning my old acrylic tank. Stuff on the inside is coming off well with a microfiber cloth, water, and a gentle touch. On the exterior, twenty year old scotch tape that held my background is proving itself a bear to get off. After googling, I tried some WD40 on the tape near the bottom of the tank - below the substrate level - with some success. And I didn't observe any harm to the acrylic. Removing the tape near the top of the tank has been a slow slog. I tried using my hairdryer and the edge of a credit card - and I imagine that I will get there eventually - but I thought I would ask the community for recommendations. Thanks, Bill
  • Create New...