Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'bare bottomed tank'.
I might have a solution for getting a good start for plants that I will want to move later or rooted plants in my bare bottom breeder tanks and It occurred to me that this might be a solution for fish who like to dig up plants as well. This is just one of those free pantyhose socks from the ladies shoe store filled with aqua soil and water sprite. Dose anyone else have a plant solution like this? Has anyone tried something like this only to have it fail and if so how?
So I have a bare bottom quarantine/hospital tank just like I'm sure many of you all. It's a 20 gallon long that currently is housing 10 baby and I mean baby longfin super red bushy nose plecos and 10 or so also very small blue eye forktail rainbow fry. I have a small HOB on the back which I just added thinking it would help my issue and a co-op sponge filter, I believe large size. This is not a new setup. It has been going for at least six months. Okay with that out of the way to my issue. I can not seem to keep the ammonia out. I use the seachem dot test and with in two to three days after a water change it moves from safe to alert. So I then add some ACCR and with in the tests reaction time it goes back to safe. I know this isn't really that high of an amount of ammonia but I just don't understand why this is the only tank out of three that I have this issue. My parameters are KH 2 GH 11 Ammonia (according to API liquid test kit) anywhere from 0 to .25 ppm, Nitites 0ppm, Nitrates 5ppm, and PH 6.6 or 6.8. Thank you in advance.